A major update has been released for Serious Sam 2 more than 15 years after its release. Patch notes are in our news.
Serious Sam 2… One of the best internet cafe entertainment ever! At least it was for me and my friends. Now, although more than 15 years have passed since its release, it is receiving a huge update and enriching with new content. Let’s take a look at the changes experienced with the new update.
First major update for Serious Sam 2 in 15 years
The developer says the game Serious Sam 2 always lives in the darkest corner of their minds. However, they are also announcing the 2.2.90 update. As part of the 20th anniversary of the series This free update for the game brings many innovations to the game in terms of content. With the new update, flamethrower is added to the game and Sam will be able to run and rocket jumps on maps driven by the radar system.
This update is for Serious Sam 2 Nathan “DwK” Brown It was developed by a mod developer named. “After Sam 4 was released, I looked through Serious Sam 2 Steam forum posts. After a little pause, I saw that the game needed a little more love,” Brown said in a short Q&A session. “This game was the game that turned me into a real game developer. So I suggested a new patch to the team, and I was told to work on it a little bit.”
The new update drastically changes the mechanics of the game. Therefore, if you want to have a nostalgic experience, you can enter and play again. I am sure it will be as enjoyable as the first day. The game is sold at 80% discount as part of the 20th anniversary celebrations of the series and 3,60 TL You can add it to your library for a very cheap fee. It offers about 10 hours of fun with friends and will be a pretty good choice for those who miss the texture of old games.
- A new weapon named BeamGun has been added to the game.
- The enemy multiplayer option is now available in both single player and multiplayer modes.
- 12 new multiplayer maps.
- A new firearm named Flame-Thrower has been added.
- Rocket jump and sprint mechanics have been added.
- New enemies, NPC and target radar have been added to the Serious Sam 2 game.
- Stability and performance updates.
- The RollerBall (the ball we go into and rolled into) in “The Road to Ursul” episode plus it won’t detonate itself.
- The Uzi gun’s speed has been doubled, and its damage has been reduced from 10 to 9 for each bullet.
- Statistics menu has been edited.
- HUD, menu and microphone textures have been increased to twice the resolution.
- Texture maps of Uzi and Minigun weapons have been adjusted.
- The sight can now be turned on or off.
- New menu music and visual has been added.
- Animations of chainsaw, rocket and grenade launcher were improved.
Of course, the patch notes are not limited to these, if you are curious about the whole by clicking here you can see all patch notes. It will be enjoyable to return to the old days with this very comprehensive update. Do not forget to mention your opinions in the comments.
You may be interested in:
Serious Sam 4 system requirements
Serious Sam 4 story trailer